Re: back yard visitors NO LBC, well maybe a little.

To: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@gte.net>
Subject: Re: back yard visitors NO LBC, well maybe a little.
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 23:50:56 -0500
Cc: "Fred Thomas" <vafred@erols.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>

>I had Deer, Raccoons, Squirrels and a lot of exotic birds (at least more so
than Arizona's lot) in Washington where I moved from.  It is a refreshing
>change to see a whole different set of fauna.  Although I haven't seen any
locally, we also have a lot of Coyotes

Coyotes are everywhere in the USA.  In northern Minnesota they are often
called Brush Wolves.  They are emphatically not protected.  Timber Wolves
which are larger and more shy of humans, are protected since Minnesota is
about the only place where they have survived in the wild.  To reintroduce
them to Yellowstone, they had to come to Minnesota to get them.

>and Javelinas

What the heck is a Javelina?  A short javelin?  Isn't that called an AMX?

>ANd I didn't even mention the Pack Rats that have a nasty habit of
committing suicide in the pool!!  :)

I have no pool and no small mammals committing suicide.  Well, there are the
squirrels that get afoul of the power lines in the hood sometimes.  More
misadventure than suicide.

I suspect your pack rats are just trying to get a drink.  No problems here.
The Mississippi is close by, and I'm happy to say that it is cleaner now
than in generations.  The eagles are back around town because the fish are
back.  The combination of this and the fact that Lilydale Road has been
repaved, makes a run down by the river in the TR4 great fun these days.  You
can convince yourself you are way out in the country.  Worked for the
producers of "Feeling Minnesota".  That's where they buried Cameron Diaz.
Looked like the middle of nowhere, but it's right in Saint Paul.  You can
see the downtown buildings through the trees.

In 1998 a lot of TR folks got to see the Saint Croix.  Next time, it will be
the Mississippi...

"Kids haven't lost the feeling that the sense of wonder is more important
than wondering what makes sense.  And if that doesn't define what it takes
to like British cars, I don't know what does." -Scott Fisher