Re: Spark Knock TR3

To: "James Fowler" <jfowler@mail.southeast.cc.nc.us>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Spark Knock TR3
From: "Kinderlehrer" <kinderlehrer@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 19:56:21 -0700
James,

Look on the base of the distributor, just below the cap and directly
opposite the vacuum unit. There should be a knurled knob and a scale on the
distribtor base that has a "A" indicating advance and a "R" indicting
retard, as I recall. Turn the knob one couple of click towards retard or "R"
to retard the timing 4 degees.  This would mean turning the wheel clockwise.
If it still pings, turn it another click and try again. You shouldn't have
to loosen and turn the distributor as in old American iron unless it is way
off.

If I'm tellin' ya stuff you already know, my apologies, Couldn't really tell
by your post where you were coming into this from.

Bob