* TR3A - Body Mounting *

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: * TR3A - Body Mounting *
From: Wayne <wbrazinski@home.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 06:31:14 -0500
I know there was a thread on this just recently, I can't find the info so I
sorry if I'm being redundant :-)

1) For the engine compartment side brace mounting my TRF body mounting kit
has 4 bolts and lock washers, two metal plates, 4 c shaped alloy spacers, 2
thick rubber spacers, and six thin rubber spacers.  I can't figure out where
the rubber spacers go.

Right now I have a sandwich of 1 thin rubber on the side brace followed by
the alloy spacer, the body, then the metal plate.  This seems OK but I have a
suspicion that my bolts may be bottoming out on the inside of the side brace.
Do I need to add more spacers?  It seems strange that I would have so many
pieces left over, and yet not enough to have 2 thin spacers around each alloy
spacer!

2) I have enough of the inner sill / floor mounting pads to do 4 on each pad
mounting point.  I understand I may need to vary this number to get things
level - but I'm putting in new sills so I'm not sure I will have to do that.
Do the pads rest between the bottom of the inner sill and top of the body
mounting? It seems there may be a gap between the top of the sill and the
floor pan and I'm not sure if one used to go in there!

Sorry for the long message everyone!

Wayne
Plainfield, IL
TS78910