Supplier For Gauge Gaskets?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Supplier For Gauge Gaskets?
From: Chip19474@aol.com
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 07:47:32 EDT
List,

I've cleaned and re-assembled gauges in the Spit using a very thin bead of
black silicon seal around the inside of the gauge bezels in place of the
decaying cork gasket - worked fine (a little light oil film on the glass
assures that I'll be able to remove the bezel again).

But, for the TR6 I'm figuring that it would be less messy overall to fit a
replacement gasket instead of my "Si Seal" process.  Can anyone recommend a
supplier for the bezel seals (gasket) and the little cork plugs that fit into
the calibration holes behind the volt & temp gauges?

TIA -

Chip

Chip Krout
'76 TR6 CF57822U (complete rolling chassis finished - busy painting various
interior parts, assembling the engine and still doing body prep - check out
my progress by visiting http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1270980)
'70 Spit Mk3  FDU78512L (enjoying the summer)