Lifting a TR3

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Lifting a TR3
From: Nancy and Bob Wise <wises@new.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 21:58:49 -0500
What's the general consensus on the best way to jack up a TR3?

At the front, my floor jack won't reach to the frame cross member so
I have to resort to jacking on the bolt-on piece that protects the
bottom of the radiator.

At the rear, I don't like jacking on the rear-most frame cross member
because that makes the doors hard to open.  So I cut a piece of 3/4"
plywood into a 4" diameter circle and drilled a 1" hole in the middle
of that.  I use that as a pad between the jack and the rear pumpkin
(the hole in the middle of the plywood pad ensures that the jacking
is on the pumpkin body and not on the drain plug).

Anybody got any better ideas?

Bob