Lexan/Polycarbonate

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Lexan/Polycarbonate
From: Ct54531@aol.com
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 18:18:01 EDT
Please forgive the non-LBC content but the clear top on my 87 Vette got
dropped and it landed with the rear of it straddling the console in the car
resulting in a crack at the rear center. The cracked part is a very elongated
'u' about 18" wide and maybe 4 inches deep. It didn't come out and the lip
that runs along the rear '' targa" sort of roof hides the bottom of the crack
so it may not even go all the way through. Anyway, is there a product that
can go onto the crack in place that will seep in and harden and form a seal?
I picked up some Goop specifically because it says it's good for
polycarbonate which I assumed this was. But I don't know. Does anyone know
what the clear full tops on the Corvette are made of. This isn't the t-top.
It's a single piece the width of the car.
Anyway, any info/advice would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Jim
654A
CT54531L