Re: gt-6 questions (longish reply)

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: gt-6 questions (longish reply)
From: "Martin Secrest" <msecrest@erols.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 15:05:04 -0400
> Can't help with this unless I do some research.  I have no idea why there
> should be vacuum to a thermostatic switch on top of the radiator unless
you
> have a vacuum-controlled fan!

That module has long been disconnected on my GT as well.  My understanding
is that it's a smog valve that opens (or closes) when the engine reaches
operating temperature, and thereby affecting the action of the retard line
from the distributor.  Or something like that.

Pollution?  What, me worry?

===
Martin Secrest
73 GT6 (driver)
72 TR6 (weekender)
Arlington, VA

"I think we all agree, the past is over."  - George W. Bush