RE: TR6 vs GT6 engine/driveline question

To: "'Richard R Olson'" <Richard.R.Olson@tc.faa.gov>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR6 vs GT6 engine/driveline question
From: "David A. Templeton" <davidt@opentext.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 14:39:52 -0400
Hi Rick,

The TR6 and the GT6 share the same block but that is where it ends as far as
the engine is concerned.  The TR6 has a deeper crank and shorter stroke to
give the extra 1/2 litre of combustion space.  The front cross member on the
GT6 would interfere with the oil pan.  Unless frame mods are in your sights,
i can not see it going in.  Now, there is probably a really intelligent
builder out there that has done this and may provide extra data.

Good luck

        David A. Templeton
        Open Text Corp.
        Waterloo, ON
        Canada
        WebSite: http://trandmustang.homestead.com

'74 Triumph SpitSix '66 Ford Mustang (Wife's)'66 Ford Mustang GT  '59
Triumph TR3a (Project) '99 GMC Safari '95 GMC K2500 Sierra