TR6 vs GT6 engine/driveline question

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 vs GT6 engine/driveline question
From: Richard.R.Olson@tc.faa.gov (Richard R Olson)
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 14:30:59 -0400

     I'm a 20 year TR6 driver who just completed (well, 90%) my latest
     TR6 daily driver project and am seeking out new frontiers: as in,
     looking for a GT6 project.

     Don't know squat about the GT6, except what I've managed to absorb
     from Paul T's very complete (www.teglerizer.com) Spit/GT6 site.

     I have a '73 TR6 parts car (total rustbucket) with a very good
     engine/drivetrain(no Od) and was wondering if those pieces would
     transplant well into the '70-'73 MkIII I am looking at?

     I don't know anything else about the GT6 in question, except for
     the number from the windscreen - KF2369L, the sheet metal pieces
     riveted to the floor :( and the hand (or spray can) paint job :O.

     Hope to talk to the seller soon.

     Thanks,
     Rick
     '72 TR6