battery and chargers

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: battery and chargers
From: "Jon Paschke" <birdman@lightspeed.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 22:16:48 -0700
I bought one of the new battery chargers, the one that is "smart" when if
you touch the two leads together it won't spark and all the other stuff. I
found it won't start a deep discharged battery. If the battery has no amount
of electric left I guess the charger can't sense anything so it doesn't
charge. I found if you jump the flat battery with another battery the
charger will usually take off or I've got an old one that will spark if the
leads are touched and if left on a deep discharged battery will eventually
get it started. Once started charging most deep discharged batteries will be
Ok.
Jon