Magnesium Wheel Value

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Magnesium Wheel Value
From: <britauto@ihpc.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 21:21:52 -0700
I have a set of wheels that were on my TR250 that turned out to be magnesium
8 spoke wheels that look like the American Silverstone wheels I've seen in
pictures.  They are bolt on wheels with 2 eared cosmetic spinners.  Is there
a way to identify these wheels?  Did anyone make magnesium replicas?  I
don't see any names or numbers on the wheels.  Any idea on what these wheels
are worth?  I have someone that wants to buy them but we need to come up
with a fair price.  One wheel has some scraps on the flat edge, another has
a gouge about 3/16 inch on diameter on the edge.  The other two wheels are
fine.  I have all 4 spinners and they are in good shape.  The wheels were on
the car when I purchased...the tires are still on and are holding air.  The
wheels will definitely need to be cleaned and polished along with some
repair on 2 of them.  Any input is appreciated.

Bruce Harding
68 TR250
80 TR8