Subject: SU Carbs

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Subject: SU Carbs
From: DarcyHunt@aol.com
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 22:12:02 EDT
Tom, how does the TR6 run with the SU's.  I have a set from a TR7 and plan to
use them with a set of headers and just wondering if there are any real
performance benefits over the Zenith's.

Darcy Hunter
'73 TR6

Hey guys,
When I received my SU HS6  carbs from a friend he had replaced the stock
needles with "doctored" ones for a more Hi -perf. motor. Once on my car, I
find that my motors runs rich even after fooling with the air/fuel mixtures
10 ways from Sunday. My question is this: How hard is it to exchange the
needles? ( I have the original ones.) and do I need any special tools to make
it happen? Does anyone have a diagram they could e-mail me? and/or do I
really even need one?
Thanks
TXR-74