Re: commission (car) number stampings on body/chassis ?

To: fwildi@yahoo.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: commission (car) number stampings on body/chassis ?
From: "Michael Gajic" <michaelgajic@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 17:23:54 +1000 FILETIME=[451F6430:01C10DC8]
Francois,

If they did stamp a secrect number its a secret to me.

I recently had my TR4 registered for the first time in 20 odd years and
during the inspection the inspector wasn't happy passing the car using the
commission number stamped on the plate. He had the car up on a hoist
searched all over the chassis/body but we found no numbers.

He had a manual that listed all makes of cars and where there various
numbers (engine/chassis/commission) are located but it only listed the
comission number on the plate for the TR4. When the car was last registered
(in 1982) it was registered in a different state that uses engine numbers
for identification of cars for some reason so that was no help...

I'm not sure about the sidescreen cars but best of luck anyway.

Regards,
Michael Gajic
63' TR4 CT23641 O
sydney, Australia