Re: Dorothy Deen

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Dorothy Deen
From: MelKristie@cs.com
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2001 00:24:13 EDT
In a message dated 07/13/2001 6:49:46 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
owner-triumphs@autox.team.net writes:

>      I read the recent article on the Doretti in British Car magazine.
> Congratulations to TR Householder for his support in that guy's restoration.
> My question is: Is Dorothy Deen still alive? Did she keep or ever re-acquire
> a Doretti for herself? Where did she end up in life? Has anyone (Randall
> perhaps?) seen her at any British car functions? I've seen the ariticle
> about her in Automobile Quarterly.
>      She did a lot to further our hobby in the early days.
>
>      Bill Brewer
>      1960 & 1961 TR-3A's
>      Wish I had an Italia or Doretti too...

Dorothy is alive and well and living in San Diego and was our our guest at
Triumphest last October. In November my wife and I had the pleasure of
spending the day with her and her husband Jim, and she shared many stories
about the history of Triumphs in the U.S.

By the way, her husband (Jim Sitz) is a walking encyclopedia of racing
history and is the historical consultant for Vintage Motorsports Magazine.
Both of them are just the nicest people you could ever meet.

And talk about a small world, the Doretti that appeared in Automobile
Quarterly is also a San Diego car and was on display at Triumphest all
weekend.

Mel Hildebrandt