Re: Fender Dent Estimate - Yeah right!

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>, <triumphs-owner@autox.team.net>, <nass@egroups.com>, <spitfire-enthusiast@egroups.com>, <ptegler@gouldfo.com>, <SPIT6CGT6@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: Fender Dent Estimate - Yeah right!
From: "Nolan Penney" <npenney@mde.state.md.us>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 07:55:14 -0400
I'm a bit confused, you don't believe the body shop can do the job you want at
this
rate, so you're going to turn your insurance company lose on them, as in have
them do the work anyhow?  Why would you do that?  Why not go somewhere
else that you feel better about?

I do notice that the estimate includes 3.5 hours to paint, and another 3.5 hours
for paint supplies.  The first seems high, and the second I don't even
understand.
So I'd suspect that some time padding is taking place there.  Combine all the
hours,
and the job is now 9.5 hours long, which sounds much more likely.

The dollar figure of the rates look like insurance company adjusted rates, just
like
how medical insurances adjust doctor rates and pay on the adjustement.

>>> "Ptegler" <ptegler@gouldfo.com> 07/12 2:46 PM >>>
Get this...  got the estimate for the fender....

anyone know where you can get these kinda' rates!
this is to replace the fender completely...

Parts   $149.00
paint labor    3.5hrs @ $30.00/hr
body labor    2.5hrs @ 30.00/hr
paint supplies  3.5hrs @ 18.00/hr
misc     $3.00

Aftermarket crap fender yes... OEM at $216 in my book

Anyone think they can drill out all the welds, position, shape
and reweld a new fender on in 2.5 Hrs!

B__S____!  ...time to turn my ins. company loose on 'em I guess.