Day of Triumph 2001

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Day of Triumph 2001
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 13:10:30 -0400 (EDT)
Hello,

For those of you in the greater northeast region of the USofA, I'd like to
offer the following - others can ignore if you choose.

This coming Sunday, July 15th, 2001, New England Triumphs will host it's
annual Day of Triumph at the Museum of Transportation in Brookline, MA
(from 9 - 3 rain or shine). Day of Triumph is a car show  with
participants' choice awards in many classes including the usual TRs of all
sizes and of course Stag, Spitfire, GT6 etc. and there is also a Triumph
"other" class that has included everything from Heralds, 1800's, 2000's,
Mayflowers etc. and a Triumph powered class. In other words, a class for
everyone.

While I am not on the awards committee, I can say that we've also hosted
some "eclectic awards" in the past such as the "diamond in the rough" and
last years ever popular "noon-time rev-off" where all the "modified" cars
revved 'em up for all to cheer. Who knows, maybe this year we'll have an
award for best "cone rash" or best "bug smoosh".

Whether your car is VTR 400 point frame-off or your daily commuter with
mud cakes from last April - we'd love to see you there. Admission to the
show field includes (usually) two adult tickets to the museum plus the
usual "goody bag" stuff. There is usually a raffle too. Most of the
proceeds are donated to the museum - presumably one reason why we are
invited back every year.

Ay any rate, please come on down and join the fun! You can "talk Triumph",
"bench race", or just enjoy a nice day out. The Larz Anderson estate is
also a beautiful park with panoramic views of Boston...

For more information about the Museum of Transportation in Brookline, MA,
see the following: http://www.mot.org/Info/welcome.html - you can find
directions there too.

This is our 11th "annual" hosting of the event.

regards,
rml

p.s. rumor has it that the infamous Khartu will be there.