Re: Positioning of OD switch (now wing mirrors)

To: John Macartney <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>, Triumph <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Positioning of OD switch (now wing mirrors)
From: Steven Newell <steven@cravetechnology.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 14:53:26 -0600
John Macartney wrote:

> In its own way this is the same as having door or front wing mounted
> external mirrors. The wing mirror requires the merest eye movement
> from the straight ahead position, the door mounting means eyes off the
> road and a movement of the head - especially to check the passenger
> door mirror. Semantics perhaps but they make sense to me.

Oh, I thought those wing mirrors were only for decorative purposes. <g>
I really can't get used to the wing mounted mirrors, and have pretty much
given up after knocking them out of alignment so often in my tight garage.
Of course most drivers around here don't use their mirrors no matter
where they're mounted.

--
Steven Newell
Denver, CO