Pricing question, hello

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Pricing question, hello
From: "Daniel Salive" <trek1701@mnsi.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2001 16:33:46 -0400
I've decided that I want to own a Spitfire.  I've located one, and I'd like to
know roughly what it's worth.

It's a 1978-1980 (owner isn't sure, and can't find the title right now) 1500.
It runs, and drives, but the paint and interior are quite bad.  Rust is
minimal, but the paint is faded, cracked, and peeling.  The seats are really
ratty.  It needs  tires, and it could really use a new top.  The odometer says
~80,000, but I have know idea if it's got 80,000 or x80,000, because it's just
got 5 digits.  The motor seems ok, but it's really dirty (my spitfire owning
friend says that they're all like that, so I guess that isn't a problem).

I was guessing $300-500, but I have no idea what they're really worth.

Thanks,

Daniel Salive