re; O/D

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: re; O/D
From: CarlSereda@aol.com
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2001 03:29:36 EDT
is there a 'preload' in that bearing? - could it be set too high- no room for
expansion.. with all the 'shims' in these cars I've overloaded a few items
myself over the years (didn't know about close tolerances in my youth) ..
luckily no explosions.

Carl'64TR4

From: "Fred Thomas" <vafred@erols.com>
Subject: O/D

Listers, on the "A" type O/D, the rear part of the casing (where the flange
& seal are located), in my car this gets so hot after about 10 minutes of
driving you cannot even touch it, yes "BURNING-HOT",  it slowly works it's
way up so as the entire case including the tranny is "burning-hot", ,
operates fine, fluid is full (Havoline Racing 50wt), I have even tried Mobil
# 1 75/90 and still it heats up, any ideas or thoughts on what may be
causing this problem.  Thanks  "FT"<<