Re: Sharing parts with other vehicles

To: "John Macartney" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>, "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Sharing parts with other vehicles
From: "Kai M. Radicke" <kmr@pil.net>
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2001 17:43:33 -0400
John Macartney wrote:

> of ALL Triumph service-related parts, I'd be inclined to try and lay
> my hands on a complete set of either Quinton Hazell or GKN Masterparts
> catalogues from somewhere between 1980 - 86.

> Jonmac

I second John's advise!  The thing with the Quinton Hazell books is that
each one is individual, not a larger single book you're looking for.  I've
got a few of the QH books from 1984-1985, but not a full set yet.  They're
excellent.  To give more detail about how they break down part cross
references they do it by part number then by other manufacturer's part
numbers and then finally by make of vehicle.

For instance (from the 1984-1985 QH Clutch Components book):

Clutch Cover Assembly
Q10028 (Quinton Hazell Part Num.)
Borg & Beck:  HE2847, HE3338, HE2499
Saab:  8712036
Unipart:  GCC139

Rover 2000 SC, 2200 TC    1973-77
Saab 99 Turbo 4 Speed    1977-
Saab 900 Turbo 4 Speed    1979-
Triumph 2500 PI MK.I, II, 2500 TC, 2500S    1965-77
Triumph TR6    1969-76
Vauxhall Ventora II FD, from ch.OV252010    1969-72
Vauxhall Ventora FE    1972-76
Vauxhall Victor FD 3300, SL (Estate)    1968-72
Vauxhall Viscount to ch.IV324999    1965-70

Q10027 for those who care is the clutch cover which fits GT6s, the lesser
Triumph 2500s and 2000s, Saabs, Austins, Bedfords, Rovers, Vauxhalls, Volvos
and some Fords (UK only).

Bah, now everyone is going to bid up the QH parts books that pop up on eBay
from time to time!  ;-)

Kai