Re: TR3A Control Head Wiring (Again!)

To: mikek@wanadoo.fr, Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR3A Control Head Wiring (Again!)
From: Gbouff1@aol.com
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2001 10:30:45 EDT
I had the same problem.  Luckily we have some fairly large tempering furmaces
where I work.  So I "baked" the tube at 800 degrees F for about an hour.  You
could probably get hte same results with a propane torch.  The wires pulled
out quite easily but some burnt insulation was clinging to the walls.  I made
a spade drill out of a 3 foot long 3/16 rod that I purchased at Home Depot.
Heat the end of the rod with a torch till it is red hot and beat it flat with
a hammer to about the ID of the tube.  Immediately cool it it water (this
will harden the heated portion) and then grind and sharpen the end to fit in
the tube.  This worked really well for removing the residue inside of the
tube.

Gary Bouffard
59 TR3A  TS 58399