TR3A Control Head Wiring (Again!)

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR3A Control Head Wiring (Again!)
From: David Willett & Carol Gray <willgray@region.net>
Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2001 16:23:03 -0400
First of all, thank you to everyone who has offered advice on this
topic so far. However, I am still faced with the problem of
extracting the wiring from the long tube (which I have removed from
the car, and have disconnected from the control head).
  I am left with the tube with wires protruding from each end ( no
connectors or anything on the wires) and I am unable to pull the
wires out of the tube from either end. In desperation I have squirted
PB Blaster into the tube, and currently have it hung up in my garage
with a heavy weight attached to the wires at one end in the hope that
stress and time might work their magic, but so far no luck.
  I have tried pulling individual wires out, without success, as I
suspect the wiring harness is spirally wound in the tube.
  Anybody BTDT?
  Dave
--
1957/1960 Triumph TR 3A