Re: TR3A Control Head Wiring (Again!)

To: willgray@region.net
Subject: Re: TR3A Control Head Wiring (Again!)
From: "Mike Kitchener" <mikek@wanadoo.fr>
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2001 10:36:47 +0200
Cc: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Dave ,
I had this same problem some 25 years ago and the only solution I
found was to drill out the wires using a smaller tube as a drill with
teeth ground into the end .
Perhaps not a "technically correct" method , but it worked even if it
took quite a long time to do .
You could try heating the stator tube to burn away the insulation as
an alternative method , but I didn't try that at the time .
Good luck ,
Cheers ,

>   I have tried pulling individual wires out, without success, as I
> suspect the wiring harness is spirally wound in the tube.
>   Anybody BTDT?
>   Dave
> --
> 1957/1960 Triumph TR 3A