Re: TR4 upper-radiator hose.

To: pethier@isd.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR4 upper-radiator hose.
From: ArthurK101@aol.com
Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2001 16:22:05 EDT
In a message dated 07-Jul-01 12:28:57 Eastern Daylight Time, pethier@isd.net
writes:

> The question is:  Do I need to get the original hose?  The hose has several
> "pleats" in it.  I assume this is to allow it to stretch and shrink along
> its axis.  Is this a fairly-standard hose, or a rare part only available

If you want the original you probably need to get it from one of the big
three.  BUT you might find one at some auto parts store if it is worth the
trouble of looking.

> Will all heck break loose if I put a straight hose in the car instead of the
> pleated type?  Will longitudinal motion of the engine pull on the hose and
> cause a failure?

Probably not but the hose will be harder to get on and will not flex thereby
meaning that you will have to replace it more often.  I had one of the
originals blow out one time and used a straight hose for several months with
no problem.

Art Kelly '64 TR4 CT 33118L