Datsun reverse engineered Webers - TR4

To: Triumph list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Datsun reverse engineered Webers - TR4
From: "Christian Simonsen (EUS)" <EUSSIMO@am1.ericsson.se>
Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2001 14:22:01 -0500
Last year, I bought a manifold and weber carbs for my TR4 on EBAY. I've just
returned from about 6 months in Brazil and wanted to start the weber project.
The manifold and linkage parts look ok, but one of the carbs  fuel inlet
fitting was repaired with a substance resembling JBweld...

Needless to say, I'm not willing to use that particular carb. I remember a
thread 2 or 3 years ago that mentioned Datsun 240Z's and some other models used
a reverse engineered Weber that had a mounting arangement compatible with the
Weber manifold. I could be getting this confused with the Datsun SU reverse
engineered carbs.....

Mostly, my Zeniths are in poor shape, runing with oblong throttle shaft holes
and modified floats (cause exact replacements are not available....)

The car is absolutely reliable, I drive it summer and winter. It just runs like
crap.....

Christian Simonsen
Lynchburg, VA
63 TR4