TR4 Distributor Cap

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR4 Distributor Cap
From: Tim Tucker <rtr4me@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 07 Jul 2001 06:22:59 -0400
Hi all,
I am having trouble with weak spark on a stock '62 TR4
I have replaced points, condenser, button, and wires.
Plugs and cap were back ordered.
I have tried 2 different caps and a known good Bosch blue coil.
Still, WEAK SPARK.

My question: Does anyone know the resistance details of a "new" cap?
In testing the two that I have, I found drastically different resistance
values for the center rotor conductor 23 ohms on one to 3 kohms on
another.  The coil wire used was the same for both.

I have confirmed grounds, voltages, resistance of primary and secondary
coil windings ( 3.7ohms and ~10 kohms)

Any ignition experts out there-Please help:)

I have owned this car for 20 years-it has been garaged with LITTLE
driving for 10.

TIA,
Tim Tucker