Re: TR4 steel wheel colour

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, Herald948@aol.com
Subject: Re: TR4 steel wheel colour
From: "Michael Gajic" <michaelgajic@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 07 Jul 2001 16:24:19 +1000 FILETIME=[74DB1BF0:01C106AD]
Andrew Mace wrote:

"See the following for a Standard-Triumph Service Bulletin "explaining" the
change from silver to white wheels in early 1963:
http://www.vtr.org/TR4A/TR4A-wheels.html";

Andrew, (everyone)

Thanks for the reply (replies). The bulletin should be determinative on the
matter but I will try to check if that change was carried through to
Australia. My car's build date is 25 June 1963 so it should have received
the changed colour. However, I'm not too sure whether spa white can be
confused with cream??

Either way I much prefer the silver (I'm not sure why the bulletin calls it
an 'improvement' ;-) so I may be slow in changing them ;-)

Does anyone have any pictures of spa white painted wheels on a TR4?

Many thanks,
Michael Gajic
1963 TR4 CT23641 O