FS: 1959 TR3A, Buffalo, NY

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: FS: 1959 TR3A, Buffalo, NY
From: GreenBugeye@aol.com
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2001 21:43:35 EDT
Cc: dtgolder@yahoo.com
Listers:

This one was for sale earlier this year, but the sale fell through.  Reply to
seller, not to me.  Thanks!

Chris Eck
59 TR3A
59 Bugeye
________________________________

Hi--

I would like to tell you of the TR3 I have for sale. Unfortunately, the person
who had agreed to purchase the car is no longer able to complete the
transaction.

I also have had my situation change, and I need to sell the car immediately
(by
the end of July if possible). If I am able, I'd like to sell it to a Triumph
person. If that doesn't occur, it will go on EBay and I will sell it there.

This is a unique opportunity. The car is a 1959, and has approximately 60,000
original miles. It is from California, and has no rust (as you can see from
the
photos). The car is in incredible condition, showing an expected amount of
wear
from 60,000 miles of use, and deterioration of the rubber bits from being in
storage for the majority of its life.

The car is completely disassembled at this stage, with the body sitting on the
frame (but not attached). Everything except the body, frame, engine and rear
axle has been stored in a dry basement for the last 15 years. The rest of the
car has been garaged.

While the car requires a total restoration, it would be an easy one. The body
is very solid. It requires stripping and a respray. The left front fender has
dent (which could easily be removed). Most mechanicals are sound (the engine
does need a rebuild) but we did drive the car from California to Buffalo about
1985. As I mentioned, the car will need to have all the rubber pieces replaced
(due to ozone age deterioration).

This would be a wonderful project, especially for someone familiar with
Triumphs. There are no surprises here--the car is as it appears in the
pictures.

Please feel free to email me with any questions you may have. Again, I'd very
much like to sell the car immediately. Unfortunately, I cannot ship or
transport the car. The buyer will need to travel to Buffalo with a truck and
take responsibility for the transportation.

A large number of pictures are available at:

http://www.ofoto.com/I.jsp?m=16247446103&n=1792194264

I would prefer the car gets restored, so I'd like to have someone purchase the
car with that intention (it would be a tragedy to part this car out). Again,
I'm looking for a satisfactory offer, but I realize that is difficult to do
without seeing the car.

Thank you for taking the time to read this. Please feel free to forward this
message to anyone you think may be interested.

Daniel T. Golder
dtgolder@yahoo.com