Yard Endangered(some LBC)

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>, <vtr@autox.team.net>
Subject: Yard Endangered(some LBC)
From: "Scott A. Roberts" <herald1200@home.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2001 14:58:26 -0400
This is just a note to all antique car enthusiasts looking for a few
odds-n-ends. In my area there is a small junkyard which goes back to the
thirties. The owner is now in his 80's and still spends most of his time
there. The cars inside range from thirties to 90's, with lots of 1950's and
60's, as well as a lot of foreign.   However, recently, the owner's grandson
has been "helping" and brought friends in. Unfortunately, they are idiots, who
don't know the value to a restorer of this place, and have started wholesale
stacking, and general disruption of the cars. There are many, many years and
models of almost all makes from the periods mentioned, and it is a great
source for small bits. While a lot of the cars are un restorable themselves,
many are. For LBC, I know of a Mk2,Mk4 (Spitfires) and a GT6+ in there. Also
many other euro-brands. American cars abound- I think there are even a couple
letter 300's in there, but am not sure. For those outside the Philadelphia
region, it is still worth the trip if there is something you need- it may be
there. Even tractors, and a load of Corvairs.

I'm begging anyone with an old car to try to stop by there and salvage
something- anything, before it is ruined or gone. I have no financial
interest- it is a guy I've dealt with for years, and I'm appalled at what is
happening to this yard.  He is always very reasonable with his prices.

If you want directions for a day trip out here, drop me an e-mail and I'll get
them out to you. He is usually there during the week, and always on the
weekend, though sometimes he closes early. No phone number- just an old guy in
a chair, in the shade of a tree, surrounded by acres of old cars.

The area is Berlin, NJ, if you want to check a map.

Scott