TR3 seatbelts

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR3 seatbelts
From: Nancy and Bob Wise <wises@new.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 22:33:35 -0500
I suppose this has been discussed before, but it beats the hell out
of the current "how-old-do-you-have-to-be-to-own-an-LBC-?" crap.

My 1961 TR3A may be on the road soon and I am in need of seat belt
advice (it came with none 16 years ago).  I don't think they are
required by law because they were not original equipment, but I
prefer, wherever and whenever possible, not to be stupid.

What has worked for other TR3 drivers?  Brand?  Attachment to
floor/frame?  Color?  Buckle styles?  Buckle decals?  Anyone figured
out how to do a shoulder harness?   What looks the best?

And, while we are on the subject of safety, what in the world do you
do about that chromed grab handle above the cubby box?  That thing
has serious cranial frontal lobe damage during a front-end collision
written all over it.