Re: Mysterious clicking-broken spring

To: ajester@kscable.com, paul-m@mweb.co.za, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Mysterious clicking-broken spring
From: "" <greenman62@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 09 Dec 2000 23:09:17 FILETIME=[0E0D1120:01C06235]
If you've got a compressor You won't even have to remove the head... A
friend of mine knocked out the insulation of a spark plug. He had a
pneumatic quick connect welded on the outside. Once the "plug was in place
on the appropriate cylinder and connected to his air line, he could kept the
valve in place with air pressure while he changed the valve spring on m7y `4
when I broke it, many years ago.

BTW, be sur to kean up any stray bits of valve spring that might be surfing
about in the head... and it wouldn't hurt to fit a a magnetic oil drain
plug, while you're at it.