Re: Triumph TR6 on the dyno [long]

To: ingate@horizon.com, owner-triumphs@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Triumph TR6 on the dyno [long]
From: OHFASTONE@aol.com
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2000 03:20:46 EDT
Hello Shane,
I guess that 91hp for a tired stock motor, I'm clueless here.  But when using
a chassis dyno you suffer about a 15%-25% power loss due to the drivetrain
plus between 1% to 3% loss due to tire slippage on the roller.  The SAE came
up with guidelines to prevent manufacturers from being creative on the dyno
and what you see today is realistic to what you actually get.  Taking in the
losses suffered by using a chassis dyno, I put your power at the flywheel
somewhere around 113hp give or take a few.  Sounds good to me for a tired old
6.

    Michael