Re: Wireing TR3 from scratch or not ?

To: "Pat" <pleask@mailhost.wlc.com>
Subject: Re: Wireing TR3 from scratch or not ?
From: "Bill Brewer" <bbrewer@lightspeed.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2000 17:37:39 -0700
Cc: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Hey Pat,
     My old dog TS72747LO was starting and driving, but not one other
electric circuit worked. I found evidence of electrical fire under the dash,
poorly soldered up repairs and wire nuts holding things together. I was also
broke at the time.
     Leaving the harness in the car, I repaired all known damage, removed
the wire nuts and put in the correct Lucas fasteners (bullets). Everything
worked fine and still works fine, and that was three years ago. I also used
di-electric tune-up grease when putting things together. Remember, this was
a POS wiring harness when I started.
     I would use the original harness and do it myself if I was you..
     It took about a weeks evening spare time of enjoyable work to get it
all the way it should be. I had never seriously wired anything in a car
before.
     My next car, TS75407L, will get a new repro harness.
     Good luck and don't burn you house down.

     Bill Brewer
     Tehachapi, CA