Re: TR with OVERDRIVE - Do's and Don'ts

To: "Michael Singleton" <one_ton3@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: TR with OVERDRIVE - Do's and Don'ts
From: Bill & Skip Pugh <anabil@caltel.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 09:53:10 -0700
Cc: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
I agree with Mike...but then there is nothing that can compensate for
a Dumb Driver...:-)

At 9:50 AM -0700 8/15/00, Michael Singleton wrote:
During the early 60's I crewed on a TR-4, Hayward Auto Imports, that also
used a OD, in much the same way as Bill's. The unit was modified, though.
The one problem with the 7 speed approach is on the down shift. Our driver
could never seem to remember which gear he was in. The result of a 3rd over
to a 2nd under downshift is pretty spectacular!!!!! I wouldn't recommend
trying it.

Mike Singleton

--
Bill & Skip Pugh