Re: universal joint disassembly?

To: "Tim Gaines" <mtgaines@cs1.presby.edu>
Subject: Re: universal joint disassembly?
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2000 22:57:08 +0100charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Hi Tim
If you drive the cruciform too far you can do damage to the edges of the
holes for the cups, if this happens it is not detrimental until you fit the
new cups so be sure to remove the burs thrown up on the edges if they are
there, the technique I usually use is to drive them so far using a socket
that fits inside the yoke and a socket that fits over the cup to press the
cup in then tap the yoke back the other way and encourage the needle rollers
to fall over in the bottom of one of the cups to allow it to be pushed a bit
further out until the bottom of the cup can be gripped in a vice or with
mole grips and pulled out.

Graham.
2.5 PI MKII
Sprinted Dolomite