Re: TR4 Fuel Line Fittings???

To: Henry_Frye_<thefryes@iconn.net>
Subject: Re: TR4 Fuel Line Fittings???
From: "Brad Kahler" <bkahler@jacads.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 14:56:51 -1000
Cc: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Henry, I don't think my name will get included.....he sent all the parts back
me.  Something about them not being good enough......!

Henry Frye wrote:
> Did you get what you need yet? I'd guess I have the fitting if you are
> still in need...
>

> But at this rate, I think I will need an honorable mention, along with
> Brad, on a small plaque on the wall of hardware you car has won! ;-)
>

> At , you wrote:
>

> >Listers,
> >
> >Need some help.  I replaced a leaking fuel pump with a new one from
> >TRF.  In the process the already beat up and almost rounded brass fittings
> >on the end of the input and output fuel lines became completely chewed
> >up.  I suspect that the "ferule"(spelling) or little dounut ring on the
> >end is far gone as well.  Both fittings leak a little now and to further
> >tighten would be a mangle.  My fuel cut-off is coming in handy in the
> meantime.
> >
> >The question is where to get new fittings. The dounuts are a commodity at
> >the harware store but they don't have the brass/bronze fitting.  Also the
> >fitting on the output side is VERY special.  The fuel line is 1/4 but the
> >fitting is the size and thread used for 5/16 with a smaller hole for 1/4
> >pipe.  There is no problem for the input as the pipe and fitting are 5/16.
> >
> >I did two things:
> >
> >1. Ordered new fuel lines from Moss.... very expense $33.  They supplied
> >5/16 output and input pipes and fittings.  The pipes are copperous/nickel
> >with the proper fittings and ferules.  The 5/16 output pipe will probably
> >fit the pump but is the wrong size at the carburator.  They are also the
> >wrong color.  I am afraid to polish them in case I want return
> >them.  Anybody know if they will polish to shiny steel color?
> >
> >2. Bought 1/4 and 5/16 brake lines at the local auto parts store for
> >$8.  This will solve the input 5/16.... but the output 1/4... I can't
> >source the special fitting.
> >
> >Any help from the "source of all knowledge" will be appreciated.
> >

> >Brian Sanborn
> >'62 TR4 CT16260  Groton,MA
> >TR4 Website www.net1plus.com/users/sanborn/home.html

Brad

My Triumph Web Site Http://www.141.com/triumphs (updated 12/12/99)
My Dodge Web Site Http://www.141.com/dodge (updated 9/17/99)

(Errors have been made, Others will be blamed.....)

1964 Spitfire4 BFC25720L (now camber compensated!)
1962 TR4 CT288L
1962 TR3B TCF1564L
1959 TR3A parts car
1951 1/2 ton Dodge Truck B-3-B-108 being restored
1953 Mayflower - TT29490LDL