TRF Etc..

To: "Triumphs (E-mail)" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TRF Etc..
From: "Paul J. Burr" <tigerpb@ids.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 19:42:56 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Wow, this doesn't look good at all. I hope this trend doesn't extend to the
parts side of the empire. It was bad enough last summer when Special
Interest Auto decided that there was more money in Dog Chow than Triumph
parts. Put a real damper on the Sat. morning parts runs. Next thing, TRF,
Moss, etc, will be selling jelly and jam gift baskets!
I suppose it's inevitable- this hobby is populated by middle age guys who's
family gets first dibs on the fun money. This means the days of single guys
dumping half of every weeks salary into the project car (been there, did
that) are long over.
Sorry guys, it's become a 5.O Mustang/ Rice Rocket world out on the streets.
We're steeping up to the plate to fill the gap left buy all the Model T guys
that are used to be so numerous at car shows a few years back. Now most of
them are daisy food or drolling in some nursing home.
Another 10 years, and all us LBc'ers will start taking their place. Hey, the
inevitable laws of supply and demand will always win out.