Re: Sound Insulation for Timing Chain Cover ?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Sound Insulation for Timing Chain Cover ?
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 08:50:43 -0800
>I'll pipe in with a question: What is that stuff made of? Is it really
>necessary. I have part of it on my 250 cover. If I need to put something
there
>to keep some of that noise out (I have to imagine that driving with the
top down
>and the muffler system that a TR should have, this area will be the least
of my
>worries when it comes to noise), what would you guys recommend? Or just not
>worry about it at all?
I used a high solid content asphalt roofing repair compound on my GT6 cover
- seems to be holding up quite well after 8 or so years.  You do have to
let it set for quite a few days though.  Since I was rebuilding my engine
at the time, it wasn't a problem.

72 PI, V6 Spitfire (daily driver)
70 GT6+ (when I don't drive the Spit)
70 Spitfire (long term project)