RE: Clutch Master Cylinder

To: mgendron@speakeasy.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Clutch Master Cylinder
From: "" <greenman62@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2000 11:05:03 PST
>From: "Mark Gendron" <mgendron@speakeasy.net>
>To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
>Subject: RE: Clutch Master Cylinder
>Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2000 09:08:16 -0800
>
> > From: erl@unix.mail.virginia.edu
> > Subject: Re: Clutch Master Cylinder
> >
> > There is a place here in Virginia named "White Post Restorations" that
> > will restore old aluminum units by resleeving them with brass
>
>At least one person has warned me that the brass re-sleeves will
>wear fairly quickly, and suggested a stainless steel sleeve instead.
>Comments? Any idea who can do a cylinder re-sleeve in stainless steel?

This begs the question... "Why?"

  Why resleeve a master cylinder when a replacement is currently
  available? Only a "dyed in the wool" freak for originality would
  pay more to resleeve anything than it would cost for new, new old
  stock or what ever...

  Unless the part was totally irreplaceable... Like "company's gone
  out of business, none, repeat none of the originals are left...
  gone forever... you'll not see them again... finished... kaput"...

  Yeah then I'd probably have it resleeved... if a good new
  substitute couldn't be found...

Greg Petrolati Champaign, Illinois
1962 TR4 (CT4852L)