Removing TR3 Crank?

To: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Removing TR3 Crank?
From: George Richardson <gprtech@frontiernet.net>
Date: Sun, 05 Mar 2000 12:21:54 -0500
I've been doing a partial strip of my TR3 engine to determine the reason
the oil pressure drops after about 1/2 hour of driving. I pulled a main
bearing cap and found no wear at all, but the one rod cap I pulled
showed wear down to the brass and scoring. Looks like I need to pull the
crank and have it reground.

Has anyone done this with the engine in the car? It looks like I can
remove the transmission and then get the access I need. Is this true? Do
I need to remove the front clip and radiator?

Any advise would be welcome. I'd like to straighten this out by May,
since that's when I expect to start driving it regularly.

--
George Richardson
Monroe, New York