RE: Triumphs USENET Newsgroup?

To: "'TR6 List'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Triumphs USENET Newsgroup?
From: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2000 15:19:50 -0700 charset="iso-8859-1"

Ok -- why do you want a usenet ng to replace the mail list?

Reasons I don't think we should:
- more folks around the world get email than usenet
- it is simpler to use
- the list has a pretty good archive system already
- if a usenet ng were set up, the archives would all of a sudden be in two
places -- yuk!
- ng's are a great place for trolls and sleaze peddlers, mail lists are less
prone to such undesirable "contributors"
- mail lists (at least the ones I subscribe to) have a much higher signal to
noise ratio than the ng's I read -- despite the occasional flame war and the
not so occasional "chatter" on the triumphs list

Reasons a ng is better:
- threads are easier to manage (at least with my software)
- less admin for mark b -- perhaps even none (I think)

The above points are of course IMO only.

Peter Zaborski  CF58310UO