Re: Intake Manifold

To: <GHaynesTR4@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Intake Manifold
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical-iwnet@lineone.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 23:16:52 -0000charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "List Triumph" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
There are basically two types of cylinder head for the six cylinder cars,
early up to 1969?and late 1969?onwards. The two main types are easily
distinguished between but there is also a variant of the late head for the
US market only, I am not familiar with the differences on these.  The early
heads have the inlet and exhaust tracts on the same level with the head
bolts hidden under the manifolds. The later heads have staggered inlet and
exhaust tracts, the inlets are visibly higher than the exhaust and the head
is held on by studs visible by the side of the rocker cover.if you have one
of the later heads then there is no reason why you should not use the
manifold and carbs from the TR6 except maybe clearance between the carbs and
the inner wheel arch. make sure the manifold is not for the US specific
head.

Graham.