* Abandon Ship *

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: * Abandon Ship *
From: "Wayne Brazinski" <wbrazinski@mediaone.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 1999 23:28:39 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Well maybe not quite!  Thanks to some list based help I got the old TR3A
running!  Yikes!

Here's the problem.  After about 5 mins (or less) the radiator overflows and
water comes out of the overflow pipe.  The cap never seems to get that hot,
but the thermostat housing does.  Temperature on the gauge (never verified)
rises quickly past the middle.  I don't think I have run it long enough to
see it stabilize yet.  I just rebuilt from the head up, and I'm pretty sure
the head gasket is on the right way.  All the radiator hoses are new.  I
think the valve to the heater is open.  Could I have an air pocket or
something.  Refilled the radiator to within one inch of the top.  Any
ideas??

Thanks a bunch!

Wayne