Re: * Abandon Ship *

To: wbrazinski@mediaone.net
Subject: Re: * Abandon Ship *
From: KTRIUMPH@aol.com
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 19:58:09 EDT
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
In a message dated 8/16/99 12:17:01 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
wbrazinski@mediaone.net writes:

<< Here's the problem.  After about 5 mins (or less) the radiator overflows
and
 water comes out of the overflow pipe.  The cap never seems to get that hot,
 but the thermostat housing does.  Temperature on the gauge (never verified)
 rises quickly past the middle.  I don't think I have run it long enough to
 see it stabilize yet.  I just rebuilt from the head up, and I'm pretty sure
 the head gasket is on the right way.  All the radiator hoses are new.  I
 think the valve to the heater is open.  Could I have an air pocket or
 something.  Refilled the radiator to within one inch of the top.  Any
 ideas?? >>

How about the thermostat? If it's there I would pull it and see if that helps
(here in South Fl I don't have any thermstats in any of my cars). Also check
the water pump. If the heater is not getting warm with the valve open, it
could be the water pump.
Also double check the timing. It can be off enough for the engine to run
albeit very hot. Got the T-shirt.
Doubt the air pocket theory!

Ken Nuelle
58 TR3A