RE: New subscriber introduction

To: who@sover.net, mowogmg@pil.net, sassamon@mediaone.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: New subscriber introduction
From: "" <greenman62@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 1999 06:52:33 PDT

>From: "Winnie Olmer" <who@sover.net>
>To: "'Kai Radicke'" <mowogmg@pil.net>,        "'Roger Colson'"
><sassamon@mediaone.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
>Subject: RE: New subscriber introduction
>Date: Sat, 17 Jul 1999 09:35:13 -0400
>
>Thanks for the great links. I guess I haven't visited lately... I just went
>there and see what you mean. Thanks for all your effort! It's this kind of
>info that makes the Internet/LBC hobby(fanaticism) so much more enjoyable!
>
>What does "plantagenet" stand for? I recall a Dr.WHO episode where the
>military rulers name was Plantagenet fighting the "Tractators". By the way,
>John Pertwey (sp.?) has recently passed away. If you have seen Dr. WHO,
>you'll know that he was an "auto fanatic" who was always driving various
>exotic mini-autos that he actually built for the episodes. Healso built a
>small hovercraft, which I believe is a popular British hobbie. TRHover3a

"Plantagenet" was the name of the royal family prior to being supplanted by
the Tudors... If I'm not mistaken they were the red rose in the War of the
Roses...

Richrad the Lionheart was a Plantagenet

As far as for Dr. Who, the newest of his group will be Rowan Atkinson.
(Black Adder, and Mr Bean fans will know the name intstantly). At least I
thinks so. I saw him standing in front of the T.A.R.D.I.S In a fanzine at my
local bookstore.

Of LBC inerest Atkinson, as well as being a fine comedic actor, is a
motorhead. I have read articles he has written in British motoring
magazines.

Greg Petrolati

Greg Petrolati Champaign, Illinois
1962 TR4 (CT4852L)