Re: Removing Transmission tail housing (TR4)

To: "INTERNET:emanteno@ibm.net" <emanteno@ibm.net>, Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Subject: Re: Removing Transmission tail housing (TR4)
From: Tony Rhodes <ARhodes@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 1999 13:24:47 -0400
Message text written by INTERNET:emanteno@ibm.net
>Sadly, I have experienced this as well. In my case, the rear bearing
>required the use of an "adjustable flame wrench" to remove. This also
>necessitated the replacement of the main shaft. Good luck.<

Hmmm. that is not good.  I guess you tried a BFP (puller, that is) before
hitting it with the flame?  WHat happened to the output shaft due to the
heat that necessitated replacement?  Loss of temper?  (the shaft's not yours!)

In retrospect, is there any other alternative? Drilling something out, like the
bearing race,
or something?

-Tony (afraid that something extreme in pending for the transmission)