Re: Removing Transmission tail housing (TR4)

To: Cliff Hansen <chansen@access1.net>, Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Subject: Re: Removing Transmission tail housing (TR4)
From: Tony Rhodes <ARhodes@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 1999 08:04:13 -0400
Message text written by Cliff Hansen
>I've puzzled over this.  Since the mainshaft is moving back with
>the tail housing, it seems that the rear bearing may be seized to the
>shaft.<

It seems to be seized enough for me!  I hope find a puller with enough
strength for the job, plus a length of 12" or so.  Maybe one of the tool rental
companies.....

I hit the output shaft and bearing with penetrating oil, but nothing.  How hard
is it supposed to be to get this thing to move???  I have a _heavy_ rubber
hammer, and
I used a 2x2 wood stick on end to pound on.  Nothing moved afer the first 1/8"
of tail housing
travel and 1/4" of tail shaft travel.

-Tony