Spitfire Bumper Assembly

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Spitfire Bumper Assembly
From: "Ian Frearson" <frearji@montevallo.edu>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1999 21:59:07 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
I'm looking for a 1979-80 Spitfire front bumper assembly...does anyone have
one of these for sale? I'm hoping that there are some out there, since I
know that retrofitting the earlier style bumpers is very popular...

Help! My Spitfire was retrofitted with the earlier bumpers, and although I
have an original complete rear bumper assembly, I just have the bumper cover
(and a poor one at that) for the front. The charming PO seems to have used a
cutting torch to remove a couple mounting brackets from the front center of
the chassis--I believe a bar mounts to the brackets, and the top center
portion of the bumper cover attaches to the bar. I can't find a picture of
the brackets themselves anywhere, and I can only guess at their dimensions.
Can anyone advise in regards to this? I actually LIKE the rubber bumpers,
and I want to get them back on my car...this has certainly complicated
things!