polishing heads, noticeable power increase?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: polishing heads, noticeable power increase?
From: "Brendan Shay" <shaydog69@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1999 20:01:02 PDT
I've got the urge to get a little more power out of my Fergeson 4-banger in
my TR4 and was wondering if anyone could tell me if they've tried polishing
the heads or ports, etc.  Is there noticeable increase in power, and is this
something I can do myself?  Also thinking of purchasing second cam that
would be mild street setup - how much power increase should I see (I've
already got the 87mm bore piston & liner set and engine is freshly rebuilt)
I figure why not take advantage for a little more 'pep'....  What do the
wise LBC owners have to say about this?

Brendan O'shea
'64 TR4