Re: If I Was A Rich Man...

To: hoops@owt.com
Subject: Re: If I Was A Rich Man...
From: "Brad Kahler" <brad.kahler@141.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1999 09:47:47 +0100
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Lonn,

Do you want that in small bills, large bills or a personal
check?......................... ;-)

> Scanning the local paper I came across an add for a '68 Jag XKE and a
> '54 Jag XK120.  My heart started racing, a '54 XK120!  I called and he
> still had the car so I dropped by to take a look.  I was hoping (no,
> PRAYING, and I'm not a religious man) for an ignorant seller.  When we
> walked into the backyard and he had a four bay garage occupying a large
> chunk of real estate I knew my fervent prayers had gone unanswered.  He
> knew what he had.
>
> OK, now to the rich man part.  The car is in condition 5, and he is
> asking US$13,500 which is a fair price.  It would take about US$20,000
> to restore the car, for a total investment of US$33,500.  In condition 3
> the car is worth $37,000 to $45,000, and a good restoration would
> produce a condition 2 car which would command an even higher price.  Get
> the picture?
>
> So.  Who is going to loan me $33,500?
> Lonn Howard
> '70 TR6  -mine
> '71 TR6  -in my garage
> '70 MGB GT  -ours
> '89 Saab Turbo Convertible  -hers
>
> "We are but temporary custodians with an obligation of preservation."

Brad  (Lincoln Nebraska 402-464-1502)
My Triumph Web Site Http://www.141.com/triumphs (updated 4/28/99)
My Dodge Web Site Http://www.141.com/dodge (updated 4/7/99)

1964 Spitfire4 BFC25720L
1962 TR4 CT288L          -- 1965 TR4 CT38888LO parts car?
1959 TR3A TS41311L       -- 1959 TR3A TS53523L parts car
1951 1/2 ton Dodge Truck B-3-B-108